The In-School Programs are the heart and soul of KDO – the first connection where dedicated KDO Teaching Artists visit schools to introduce children to the transformative power of dance and the arts.
HOW IT WORKS
- While our focus is grades 3-4, we sometimes offer programming to grades K – 2.
- KDO Teaching Artists and Musicians visit schools around Indianapolis to provide weekly, during-school-time programs for elementary-age children.
- KDO works with individual schools to define and meet their unique needs.
- In collaboration, KDO and schools design the programming that best fits their community.
- Programming can be designed as a one-time introductory workshop or sequential programming.
- KDO works with all children in a grade level, divided by class.
- A KDO team of teaching artists and musicians will visit the school to lead each class in a dedicated space.
- Classroom teachers are expected to be actively engaged in supporting the program.
- Longer, sequential residencies end in a final showcase performance, open to families and the school community and held on-site.
Interested in becoming a KDO Partner School? Please complete the inquiry form below.