Kids Dance Outreach (KDO) provides school communities with high-quality arts immersion programs. Through KDO’s programs children are inspired by the joy of dance and music as they’re given something positive to focus on, specific goals to attain, a sense of meaningful accomplishment and an appreciation of the Arts.
- Every class is taught by three professional teaching artists: a Master Teaching Artist a Musician and an Assistant Teacher.
- KDO provides in-school programs for students in kindergarten through fifth grade.
- KDO offers full-year programs consisting of weekly classes throughout the school year (September-May). We also offer 12-session residencies, which can take the form of a 3-week intensive or a 12-week program.
- KDO classes take place during the school day, ensuring that dance is integral to learning in our partner school communities.
- All students in a selected grade or grades participate in the program.
- Classroom teachers are actively engaged in the program, helping to connect learning in KDO with the larger curriculum.
- KDO works with a single classroom of children at a time, and classes generally run 45–50 minutes. Each moment of an KDO class is rich with energetic, rigorous, and joyful learning.
- All KDO programs include live music and culminate in a final performance, a celebratory event that galvanizes the entire school community.
Please fill out an application form to become a KDO partner school. For more information contact Mónica M. Muñoz at email@example.com